http://www.pinterest.com/micheleodunn/

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Words for 2012

Just found this via Pinterest. SO timely! I was visiting with my sweet friend and we were discussing words - words that move us, empower us, and yes, even scare us a little. Each of us had a word in mind for 2012. Merrilee, being much more organized than I, has already started a journal related to her word. I'm still just thinking about mine...the usual story of lots of thinking but not much doing...hence my choice of words for this year: "FOCUS" and "FOLLOW THROUGH". Yes, I know that's two words but they are so entwined, at least in my life, that I need to work on both of them, focusing on the project, problem, dream, idea, task at hand and then following through with the work that needs to be done to complete them. I am so notorious for bouncing from one thing to another, starting lots and finishing none! Then, during our conversation (isn't it wonderful to have friends !) I also realized that I needed to have more FUN with what I am doing and the reason I wasn't having as much fun was that FEAR had taken up residence in my heart - fear of failure, fear of loss, fear of rejection.....you know...all that scary stuff that makes me just want to crawl back into bed and pull the covers up over my head! So without further ado - the official, put it out to the universe, list of 2012 Words To Live By "FOCUS, FOLLOW THROUGH & FUN (with no FEAR!) .

(Have I mentioned that I love alliteration!)

xoxo,
Michele

No comments: