http://www.pinterest.com/micheleodunn/

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

OMG! ANOTHER POST! or I USED TO BE SCHIZOPHRENIC BUT WE"RE OK NOW


Today was a sort of me day - no place I had to be - shop is closed - my night off from the restaurant. Had a whole lot of things I "should" do - house cleaning, shop paperwork, packaging, listing on Etsy, fall garden clean up etc., etc., etc. - but no one thing that I absolutely positively "had" to do. So I ended up visiting some blogs, and then some other blogs and then I actually posted on my blog (about another blog) and then I visited a few more blogs - guess it turned into a blog day. Found a new blog that I fell in love with and compared it to the blog I'd blogged about - that I also love - and I realized that I am still a bit schizophrenic. Ever since I had more then one room to decorate (my first apartment) I have always had two different styles going on. There has always been at least one "girly" thing happening, usually my bedroom, maybe a bathroom - something that has some pink and white and sometimes a touch of green, a bit of pale blue, maybe a small splash of yellow. Then there has always been a rustic, primitive thing with lots of texture, natural wood, chippy paint (some of it white-some not). See, a little schizy. I just can't not have both of them, all of them. Wait....maybe I'm not schizophrenic, maybe I'm just greedy. So I shared Curious Sofa earlier, then Fabulous Fifi today (see what I mean) and just a bit ago I found Lambs & Ivy (the fact that she's playing Jackson Browne didn't hurt). Visit her blog http://www.vintagesusieandwings.blogspot.com/

No comments: